Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Compliments Guaranteed Party

Okay, I thought about this at work.  Let's have a Compliments Guaranteed Party.  You are asking, "what the heck is that?"  Well, it is a garment you have made and no matter where you wear it, this garment always garners compliments.

This is my Compliments Guaranteed Garment, Simplicity 2804.  I have worn this to work, school functions, shopping at the mall and people always say, "I like you top, it is so cute."  or "Great top" or "fun top".  Makes you feel good about what you are wearing and the fact you made it.  Usually, I just say thanks but I so want to say, "Thank you, I made it"  My favorite compliment was in a store my 20-something daughters shop and the salesclerk (another 20-something) said, "great top."



I am always surprised the attention this top gets, it was super-easy and I don't find it to be that wonderful.   Oh, well, I will take the compliments and will go back and make another garment from this pattern.

So please link up a post of yours with the garment that Compliments are guaranteed.




10 comments:

  1. I can certainly see why you get compliments on that terrific top! Love the diagonals, which are a difficult to sew successfully. It's a good match of pattern and fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I entered a dress I made for Annie. She wore it recently and came home and said, "Mom, can you make me another one of these dresses? I always get so many compliments when I wear it."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this dress! I got so many compliments, it got embarrassing! It was easy to make, too, so that's a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why you get so many compliments on that top. The fabric is so striking and the shape and style are really nice. I have entered my plum dress to the list - I have had a lot of compliments with that one - everyone seems to like the colour. Thanks for setting up this fun MckLinky list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great looking top, I like the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great top - your great smile must add to the attention.
    http://fabricateandmira.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a neat idea! I'll have to join. Your top is great BTW - no wonder you get so many compliments on it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely idea. And that top is fun indeed. I can imagine you get a lot of compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this post! I'm returning to your blog after a long absence, but I wish I'd been around for this. I definitely have a few projects that always brighten my day.

    ReplyDelete