Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Pottery Barn inspired Nest pillow

I have become such a fan of the Pottery Barn catalog and in their latest couple of catalog's one of my favorite pillows is the Nest Sentiment Pilllow at Pottery Barn.  Well, it is a little pricey and if you click the link, it is sold out.

So I studied the picture in the magazine and at Pottery Barn's website.  I can recreate this with my embroidery machine and they will be perfect for a couple of new chairs in our great room.  Using some osanburg fabric and some brown embroidery thread here is my version, sized 12" x 16" not the 12" x 24" of Pottery Barn's but pretty great all the same:














Remember I said two chairs, well I did not want two Nest pillows.  I went to Dictionary.com and used the thesaurus to decide on another word for Nest.  I went through several and decided on shelter.  Why shelter?  I liked the definition the best.  So here is senitment pillow number 2:

















Now I am heading to sew a garment.  I need to make two more pillows but I did not have time to get the fabric today, so pillow sewing is delayed until tomorrow. 

15 comments:

  1. I love the pillows. I've missed your podcasts. Now for a question - what embroidery machine do you have and/or what software did you use for the font.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori!
    Stopped by from Jennifers Blog...gotta love that girl! Her fabic and patterns are just the best! Happy sewing for your three girls...I'm constantly under foot for my two. I'm loving your embroidered pillow...gorgeous! I'll be checking back often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute!! love the graphics.

    stop by my goodwill goodies blog party every wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, they are great! That alone makes me want to have an embroidery machine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was never interested in embroidery machines because clothes with embroidery really isn't my taste. But your pillow projects are great! I've seen lots of great, non-clothing embroidery projects on various blogs. Uh-oh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How clever of you! Those are great pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are just lovely! Great interpretation for your own home. Ah, I wish I had an embroidery machine. You can be so creative with one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have also had my eye on the PB nest pillow. Your version looks great! Love the shelter one as well. Are you taking orders?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your so creative Lori, thoae are fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am crazy for those pillows! I like you version more! You did a beautiful job! They look fabulous!

    Cheers!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love them, love them, love them!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love them!! Love your choice of using the word 'shelter'... so neat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the two words your choose to hightlight and the definitions. They are truely special pillows and so lovely. I only wish I had an embroidery machine to make my own☺

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pillow, I tried to order one last week to find it no longer avaliable...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Every lady has an alternate shape to their body and every pregnancy is somewhat extraordinary for every other person.Importance of pillow sham

    ReplyDelete