Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Ottobre

I am wearing my new knit top from the latest Ottobre Woman Magazine


or you can see the line drawing the design is #4

I am wearing the top to work today and I would change two things:
  1. Lengthen the arms by 1".  I rolled up the long cuffs, so my top is 3/4 sleeve and it looks better than too short long sleeves
  2. I made a 38 and the shoulders are a bit wide, I will take off about a 1/4" from the next one (I have view #1 cut out and ready to sew - just different sleeves)
It is made from an ITY from Needle Nook Fabric.

Here it is on my dressform:
There are a couple more things I want to make from this issue, it is a good one.

9 comments:

  1. So cute! I think this top will be wardrobe staple and one that you will wear alot. I have several years of Ottobre and have yet to sew anything......and many of the designs are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute top. Kinda jazzy t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've chosed a beautiful blue color and I really like those long cuffs. Looks like a super cute t pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! What a nice basic. I've never seen an Ottobre magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't get Octobbre in Australia. I love so many of the items in the line drawings, especially your top with the shawl collar and the overcoat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This top is on my to make list. I also would make the 38. I'm not sure I understand the issue you have with the sleeves. You'd make them an inch longer but you shortened them 3/4 inch?

    oops! forgot to mention how cute yours is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colour of your top! The wider band on the neckline makes it special.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a beautiful top Lori, and I just love the colour. I just bought a piece of knit in the same kind of jewel blue... You are making me very eager to sew it up.

    ReplyDelete