Sunday, November 21, 2010

Crafting

Yesterday, Meredith, Kaitlyn and I spent the afternoon in my sewing room.  Kaitlyn worked on Ruffled Christmas Trees, I did the ruffling and she did all the hot gluing.  We made several of them as the pictures show.  We used ribbon, osanburg, fabric and also used some quilting cottons from a jelly roll.  Those strips are precut 2-1/2" wide with a small pinking on each side.  I cut them in half (1-1/4") and did the basting on the cut side. 









Meredith was looking online for gift ideas and found all the zipper tutorials.  She made headbands, brooches, rings and hairpins.  I am wearing a brooch today.  Here is some of her crafting.




It was lots of fun and we are planning our next crafting day. 

10 comments:

  1. Everything turned out great. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the trees. They're just adorable! Thanks for the idea of what to do with all those wacky zippers that will never find their way into a garment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun to craft together. love the trees, must think about copying them ;)
    Love the zipper idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. muito bom seu blog... agora vou ficar por perto pra ver tudo... SUCESSO!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both projects are just so cute. I love the ruffle trees. The zipper accessories are very on trend right now too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a crafty bunch! Great gift ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun day! Love your things. I would love some zipper jewelry! Must find some instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the christmas trees! They are very similar to my angel project~ I should share it soon, maybe for my Wednesday project!
    I agree with Mushywear, the rings are very now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What cute trees and zipper accessories! And what a fun and memorable time together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beatuful work, Lori!

    ReplyDelete