Thursday, November 18, 2010

Pillow Swap

I am participating in a Pillow Swap througha group on  Flickr.  I am not even sure how I stumbled upon this group, but so happy I did.  After seeing all the creativity from the previous swaps, I knew I had to kick it up.  I looked through my quilt magazines, pictures online and finally found this Moda Bake Shop Tutorial.  Here is the front of my pillow.





As I was sewing, thoughts kept entering my head - what about the back.  So I answered my thoughts, make the back very pretty and my partner can change up the way the pillow looks.

So here is the back:



The pillow has to be mailed by December 15th, so I am way ahead of the game and will probably mail mine tomorrow. 

Do you have a favorite side?  My girls like the side with the flower.  I like both of the sides and I need to make myself some of these pillows, it was very enjoyable being so creative.

15 comments:

  1. I also like both sides. The flower side is very cute, but the quilter in me likes the other side as well. Love the colors.
    Your recipient will surely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both sides too! I love the fabrics you used and the colours. I bet your partner will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am NO HELP.
    I LOVE both sides.
    Really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is absolutely beautiful. I say that they are both the front side(s). Gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:56 PM

    They are gorgeous! Both sides look fabulous although I'm very partial to the flower side.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. I like the flower best too, but it is a wonderful pillow all the way around. Someone is sure to be giddy over it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so lovely! I love the back side best, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both sides are lovely, though the flower is especially cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both sides - this is such a beautiful pillow - your pillow partner is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE both sides!! I wish I was receiving that pillow... it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's just one word to describe the cushion - GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very clever and creative! Lucky swap recipient :>)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That pillow is beautiful!!! The flower side is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the flower side, mainly because I really like fabric flowers, but that other side is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous10:07 PM

    I love your pillow both sides are great.

    ReplyDelete