Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Projects for March

I am working on Butterick 5313 for Meredith

She picked the yellow derss bodice with the blue dress skirt section.
Here it is so far:

I added an inch to the length but shouldn't have done that.  The dress looks too long and I need to take some off the skirt section.  This morning I basted on the ruffle so Meredith could try it on later today.  My dress form is at the smallest measurements, so close to Meredith's actual measurements. 

Other projects include painting my kitchen cabinets.  After finishing the bathroom vanity, I was so pleased with the transformation that I decided to tackle the kitchen.  Mike (hubby) was also in agreement, the cabinets were looking tired and worn so we started over the weekend.  It will take some time but will be worth it. 

Now off to sew with the 6th grade youth group - pajama shorts.

10 comments:

  1. What a lovely dress. Makes me REALLY pine for summer (warmer?) weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty spring/summer print. This will be super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute spring dress! Love your fabric choice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely spring dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute dress. I love the fabric choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely dress and of course the fabric is gorgeous! (where did you get it from :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect fabric choice for a summer dress.

    My dress form is cranked way down too at the moment, I am sewing a maternity dress for my little sister. I shall feel glum cranking it back up for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had thispattern for some time, but thought I might never use it,but you've recharged my zeal for this dress with your version and print~ I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cress screams spring and the print is perfect for it. I made the blue version and it as since become a top.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is really pretty. HOpe you don't have to do too many modifications.

    ReplyDelete