Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Stella

Stella is the name of the Patty Young, Modkid Boutique pattern, available here.  I just finished making a sample for my friend's quilt shop.
I like the fact it has a zipper on the top of the bag, a cell phone pocket on the outside, a cute purse strap, purse feet and peltex to make the bag stiff.

Meredith (my friend) picked out the fabric, cute stuff.
I took several pictures, so you can check it all out



Cell phone pocket, oops, forgot to pleat the pocket.  The cell phone still fits!


Cute fabric, I had extra fabric to cut the birds just right!

anther angle

had to include this photo, the colors are so pretty.

zipper top.  I would add more interfacing next time.  It is a bit wavy.


On another note, Erin's McCall's trench coat was featured on McCall's Facebook page

Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments on this coat.

Thanks to Chelsea the fabric is Miss Modd by Henry Glass Fabric.  (Chelsea is the designer and she left a very nice comment on my blog.- thanks, Chelsea).

10 comments:

  1. Cute! Cute! Cute! What's peltex? OK, I know it's stiff interfacing - just exactly how stiff and how thick? I've seen this mentioned before elsewhere, but I have yet to come across it in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun combination of fabrics. The blue zipper on top is such a great color too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: Congrats with your FB mention. You deserved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super-cute bag - the fabrics look fabulous together. Congratulations on getting well deserved recognition for the wonderful trench!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOhh, you know I love those polka dots!! Congrats on the McCalls FB shout out, nice job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable!! Love the design and the fabrics you chose!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet bag! I like that it has a zipper to keep things put.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So so cute! That is my fabric "Miss Modd" from Henry Glass fabrics. I love it made in Patty's purse pattern.

    P.S. Your blog is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute bag, Lori!!!!

    ReplyDelete