Tuesday, November 01, 2011

New Look 6648

Looks like I am making this pattern once a month.  First in August, the second time in September and the third time in October (just posting in November).  Fabric is from Fabric Mart, the band is the way the knit stretches but I didn't want the body of the top with the horizontal geometric print across my body.  This top is oversized and I didn't need the stretch (which is limited on this knit), so I ran the geometric print vertically.

I wore this to work today but totally forgot to take a picture, so you get the dressform shot. 


I am going to make this in November, this time for Erin in a bright pink knit. 



10 comments:

  1. Another cute top from your TNT pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that print and the way you used it. That top looks upscale RTW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way the knit looks at the neckline. It really adds intersting detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute. Every time I your version(s) of this shirt, I make the mental note to buy the pattern. Going to get it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the print on this. Looks like a stylish and comfy top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachelle2:54 PM

    Hi Lori, that top is gorgeous. I love that you make a pattern multiple times. I always find it interesting seeing how things look in a different fabric and get inspired by the details such as changing the grain line in this version. As a beginner I would not have thought to do that. I recently listened to my first sewforthnow podcast and I enjoyed it very, very much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute top--like the alternate versions of the fabric in the top and band! Fun to have a pattern you can make multiple times/ways!

    Lynda in LV

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know how I missed this one. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:19 AM

    I love this pattern, i was confused initially listening to your podcast when you said New Look 6628. I usually look up the patterns to see what you are referencing in the podcast and 6628 looks nothing like this one. This is actually New Look 6648. :-) Great job on the blouse...gloria (posting anonymous because I'm having trouble choosing a different profile)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, stunning top. You create such great pieces.

    ReplyDelete