Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pant Construction Tips

Here are some pant construction tips and hints to help with those ponte pants.

New Mexico State Article

Sewing in a zipper - Threads

Choose the Correct Size - Threads

Sigrid's Pant tutorials

You Tube Video - Angela Kane

You Tube Video - Sew Pants that Fit

You Tube video - Sandra Betzina Success with Multi-Size patterns

You Tube Video - Sew What's New with George Trippon (this is part 1 of 3 - you can access the rest after watching the first one)

Threads fly Front - thanks Karin and Angela

Collette pants fitting - thanks Lynne B

If you know of more tutorials or information on the internet, put it in the comments and I will add it to this post.

Thanks so much.



5 comments:

  1. I always come back to this video when inserting a fly-front zipper.
    http://www.threadsmagazine.com/item/3831/video-an-easy-flat-fly-front-zipper

    Still waiting for my fabric in the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori. Like Karin, I like to freshen up my technique with the Threads video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great links! Can't wait to check them all out. I'm not going to join in per say, but I know I will enjoy watching the progress! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I add my love for that fly front zipper method?! It's the best!
    I cut out my black ponte pants this morning! I'm so excited about them!! Thanks so much for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, , Collette blog has a series of blog posts about the clover pants. they are excellent tutorials on fit and construction.

    ReplyDelete