Wednesday, February 08, 2012

No Show Elastic Waistband Tutorial

Here is the tutorial based on a Kwik Sew pattern 3115.






First start by measuring your pant waistband and subtract around 2-4" depending on your comfort level for the elastic.

Sew the elastic into a circle


Quarter and mark the elastic and your waistband

Then zigzag the elasic onto the facing side of the waistband. 

Press and steam, this helps to shrink the elastic a bit more.  Here is the elastic stitched down, used a zigzag stitch.


Here is a picture of the facing on the inside

Now a picture from the outside

no stitching lines at all.


Now on the Kwik Sew pattern, they have the waistband as all one piece,then press the fold, and sew just to the inside of the fold.

Hope this helps.

14 comments:

  1. Very interesting! What size and type was the elastic if you don't mind me asking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great technique for me to add to my bag of tricks! Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! It looks great and you'd never know there's that little bit of elastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Faye, I am wondering what size elastic you used and the type of elastic. I'd think I'll try this but I'm wondering which elastic you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you have to sew through elastic, I found you need one with holes. The other ones stetch out too much because they are for casings really. I looooove banroll elastic, it never rolls whether using it as casing or sew on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this amazing post i really loved wholesale salwar kameez.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:28 PM

    Am short of words for the amazing profit you helped me earn in just a week with binary options strategy am so sorry I doubted at the beginning, I invested $200 and earn $2,500 in just one week, and kept on investing more, today I am financially successful, you can contact him via email: tdameritrade077@gmail.com
    Via whatsapp: (+12166263236)
    I advice you shouldn't hesitate. He's great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! It looks great and you'd never know there's that little bit of elastic.
    kurti style

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great technique for me to add to my bag of tricks! Thanks for posting.
    party wear kurtis

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! It looks great and you'd never know there's that little bit of elastic.Thanks for sharing great post. I really like this post.
    palazzo pants wholesale

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! It looks great and you'd never know there's that little bit of elastic.Thanks for sharing great post. I really like this post.
    Also Visit To My Site : Buy Gym fitness equipment for best exercise kit & work-out machine online

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice I have read lot of articles and said this is what I am looking for. Get one more step towards your health, buy tramadol online in USA at cheap price.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for posting such information briefly. I really enjoyed it textile export .

    ReplyDelete