Home          About          Tutorials          Podcast          Gallery          Patterns          Contact


Thursday, December 27, 2012

Aqua Baby Quilt

Here is the second baby quilt, made for a present when needed.  I found the pattern online and did not bookmark it or pin it, which makes me feel bad not to give the person credit.  If anyone out there knows the website please share in the comments and I will correct my post.
I purchased this charm pack with a couple of my quilting buddies, we like to go to new stores and this was our first trip to this particular store. I was drawn to the unusual color combination and thought how fun for a little girl, not the traditional pink.
charm pack quilt
I love the connecting circle quilting, check it out closer:
close-up of quilting
The fabric is from Moda.

11 comments:

  1. Very lovely. Lori, do you "stitch" your quilts, (as in the circles above) or do you have someone else do them? I am going to make a small quilt (first one) and I have the machine , fabric and know how- I am stuck at the stitching step after all is assembled. Does this make any sense?
    And advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne, I send my quilts to a long arm quilter for the quilting. If it is a small quilt you could stitch in the ditch, make diagonal lines or stitch 1/4" from the seams. I would lengthen the stitch a bit through all the thickness. Do you have a longarm quilter around, an all-over pattern is very reasonable. The only downfall is they tend to be backlogged. My longarm is about 6 weeks out.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Lori.
      I like the idea of sending it out also.
      :)
      Joanne

      Delete
  2. So, so pretty! The quilting in circles is quite unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice marriage of fabric, pattern design and quilting! Fresh and pretty, perfect for a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like those colors too, Lori. Very different but pleasing. I've seen that pattern on Sewing with Nancy/Nancy Zieman. She did it much larger though. It would be a great scrap buster too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this one Lori. The colors are so unusual. The quilted circles add a unique look to it. I've fallen in love with quilting. Love seeing the ones you do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty. I like the circles, too. That's a rather unusual quilting pattern. So, when are you going to buy a long-arm quilting machine and do it yourself? I mean, since you have so much spare time! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely quit. I agree with BConky. The colors are unusal. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lori, another beautiful quilt! I nominated you for an award, probably you've been nominated several times! (See my blog post.)

    ReplyDelete