The rules of this lovely award are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you
2. Add The One Lovely Blog Award / The Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post.
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
4. Pass the award on to 10 nominees.
5. Include this set of rules.
6. Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.
Seven things about myself:
1. My cousin set my husband and me up on a date. First date we really didn't get along that well, happy we went out on a second date a few months later.
2. I continue to scrapbook, more out of guilt than enjoyment. I don’t want the twins not to have all those scrapbooks their older 2 sisters have.
3. In my third pregnancy, at about 5-1/2 months, I was having some issues and my ob/gyn sent me for an ultrasound. Hubby could not get away from work, so I went on my own. Well, after a few minutes, the technician said you are having twins. Relieved nothing was wrong but in a bit of a shock, I left the office and proceeded to back into someone in the parking lot!
4. The twins were 2-1/2 years old and attending Sunday School. While they were waiting for me to pick them up they told their Sunday School teachers, “My mom is getting brown “burban”, when you have lots of kids (I have 4), you need brown “burban”! I was horrified and quickly translated “we are getting a brown SUBURBAN, we have lots of kids and need a SUBURBAN!”
5. I love chocolate – Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies are a favorite.
6. On my dad’s side of the family, I was the only girl out of seven grandchildren. Now the next generation has changed the odds, 19 girls and 3 boys. I told my cousins and my brother, that is my revenge for them picking on me all those years.
7. My favorite TV show is NCIS, thank goodness for DVRs so I don’t have to miss Leroy Jethro Gibbs!
I’d like to nominate the following 10 talented bloggers for the One Lovely Blog and Very Inspiring Blog award:
I tried to select people who had not received the award previously (only one duplicate)
1. Lynne of Wonderfully Made – Lynne has been nominated but I am going to do it again. She is my best sewing buddy and we have such a great connection. We comment often about wishing we lived closer.
2. Cennetta at The Mahogany Stylist – the greatest fashion style and I love to see what she creates.
3. Bonnie of Tres Bon Babble – We are the “twins” of the internet world. We seem to always be sewing what the other one just made. Also, Bonnie just became a first-time grandma, congrats Bonnie.
4.Shannon at Mushy Wear – always makes the prettiest garments and shares pictures of Hawaii’s beautiful scenery
5. gMarie – she sews beautiful garments and always leaves such nice comments.
6. Gwen at All My Seams – not only does she create gorgeous garments but she makes pillows, hats bags and wraps them in cute and unique ways.
7. Patty at Sew Much Knitting – great garments, beautiful quilts and fabulous knitting will be found on this blog.
8. Beth at Cats and Calico –Beth sews the best garments for her daughters, I bet they love getting a gift from her. Now she is starting to quilt, too.
9 Beth at Rusty Bobbin – sews beautifully, just hasn’t had much time lately and I hope Santa brings you that sewing room
10. Stacy at The Land of KA – you will find the cutest children clothing, great garments for Stacy herself, fabulous photographs and recipes.
After doing this, I feel like I have left someone out! On the other hand, I do like listing out different blogs, it is how I find new-to-me sewing blogs, which I thoroughly enjoy.