Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Mood Fabrics' Silk Blouse - Simplicity 1779

My post that appeared on the Mood Sewing Network yesterday (12-30-13),  this is my last sewn garment of 2013.


How can it be the end of 2013? This year has flown by and I feel very blessed to be part of the Mood Sewing Network. I know my sewing skills have grown tremendously, new techniques have been tried and fabulous fabrics from Mood Fabric's have been used. As I was planning my next Mood project, I realized my wardrobe was lacking a silk blouse.



That led to my next project using Anna Sui Blue Sapphire Silk Jacquard





I went through several pattern options and selected Simplicity 1779, view E with the neck ruffle
neck ruffle
and the long sleeves with the small cuffs
cuff
I had to make a few alterations to this pattern: lengthen the body and sleeves 1", lower the bust dart and I changed the full dart in the back to a fisheye dart. The dart in the back of the blouse was all the way to the hem. This made the blouse a bit too tight through the hips, so I just changed up the dart. I think this was due to my fabric shifting while cutting, I should of used paper to sandwich the slippery silk fabric while cutting. This is one of those things I would tell my daughters, do as I say not as I do. I will know next time to use the paper. I did use my rotary cutter and ruler to cut the front band and cuffs to keep the fabric very straight.


I love the color of this blouse, it will go with so many things and the ruffle just dresses up the blouse. The silk fabric stitched beautifully and was easy to sew.


I hope for your 2014, is filled with beautiful fabric, wonderful patterns and your bobbins always full


Happy New Year!!!

46 comments:

  1. Lovely blouse, Lori. Happy New Year :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silk at it's best! Yes indeed-y! Love me some Anna Sui and this top is fabulous! Perfect pairing. Wishing you and your family a healthy and prosperous New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you have to love Anna Sui, it was a joy to sew.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful blouse, Lori, such a gorgeous fabric! Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea, it is fabulous fabric

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful fabric you turned into a lovely blouse. Enjoy.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blouse love the fabric! Sewing a blouse seems so intimidating to me, have never sewn one. Maybe I'll brave one in 2014. Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joen, a blouse is not hard, just one step at a time. Check out the Grainline Studio blog, she had a sewalong for the Archer Shirt.

      Delete
  7. Anonymous10:58 AM

    This is so lovely! The texture of the jacquard with the beautiful drape of the silk is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was amazing to sew and feels incredible.

      Delete
  8. Lori this is a gorgeous blouse! The color is great on you and the jacquard is lovely. I wish the same for your 2014. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shar, I always like wearing blues.

      Delete
  9. Lovely! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous4:42 PM

    This looks so nice on you! What a lovely blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a great blouse! I bet it feels wonderful on. I love the pattern in the fabric and the color is fabulous. You look great. g

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and it does feel wonderful.

      Delete
  12. Very pretty blouse and gorgeous fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful blouse! I didn't realize this was a jacquard when I saw it on IG- so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura, it is fab fabric.

      Delete
  14. That is such an elegant and chic blouse; just lovely. Wishing you'll the best for a terrific and productive 2014 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carolyn for the compliments on the blouse and the New Year wishes.

      Delete
  15. Happy New Year Lori. Lovely blouse and it screams soft and stylish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sheila, it is so soft.

      Delete
  16. that's lovely- you've let the fabric be center stage and made a real classic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is gorgeous fabric and I love the pattern, so a great combination.

      Delete
  17. Happy New Year, Lori! Beautiful blouse and thank you for being it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cennetta, Happy New Year to you too. You would look amazing in this style blouse, thanks.

      Delete
  18. Oh my gosh, what a gorgeous blouse. I love how it drapes, and I love the jacquard weave. Beautiful! Happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, June, I do love this blouse, more and more as I feel the silk and think of ways to wear it.

      Delete
  19. Hi! I have been working on this top myself, but have been baffled in that I followed all of the directions, but it came out way to small. I was wondering if you added a seam allowance when you were cutting it out, or if it was included in the pattern. Any thoughts would be super appreciated! I can't figure out what I did wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not add seam allowances, they are included in the pattern. The only thing I wonder is the front button bands, if you possibly turned them under an additional time, that would have changed the sizing. HTH.

      Delete
  20. Some truly quality blog posts on this web site , saved to my bookmarks . womens clothes

    ReplyDelete
  21. They are sturdy. At the point when we consider silk we don't actually accept that it'd be extremely impressive, yet it is.best silk sheets

    ReplyDelete
  22. At the point when you have completed you can balance your bedding on a clothesline,silk luxury bedding

    ReplyDelete
  23. The most interesting text on this interesting topic that can be found on the net ... silk blouses

    ReplyDelete
  24. Silk bedding assortments aren't only for the rich and popular any longer. The costs are truly sensible and with present day innovation, silk pajamas

    ReplyDelete
  25. Women's Silk Pajamas Most women would agree that they enjoy wearing comfortable clothing around the home. matching pajamas for couples

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am so grateful for your blog post. Really looking forward to read more. Great.
    Long Silk Robe

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this outfit, it's so glam and cute at the same time and your pretty curls just add more glamour :) blouse designs

    ReplyDelete