Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Tree Climber Trousers for the Little Guy

After seeing several wonderful creations on several blogs participating in the Winter Wonderland Pattern Anthology, I ordered this set of patterns for the Little Guy.

I made one of these patterns last week, the Tree Climber Trousers, I used some denim from my stash.  Here are some pictures but it was really hard to take pictures of a little guy on the move. I added a label for the back pocket, thanks, Debbie.


Nice back pockets and belt loops, the waist has elastic for a great fit.  


I made a size 12 months, which are a bit too big but he will grow into them.  In width and length, he is a bit short.



This pattern has a nice feature on the knees, another piece, that is stitched to an upper piece and lower piece.  It adds interest to the front and on this pair I added some flannel to the wrong side.  It just seemed a good idea for the crawler and on the hardwood floors.
A little better look at the knees but still hard to see.  The twins were home on Thanksgiving break and were watching him this day.  They tried so hard to get great pictures, I think they took 50+ pictures.

The little guy doesn't want to stand up, which is unusual for him, but here is a front view of the trousers.  I need to  buy some more boy fabric appropriate for pants.  These were easy to make and I think they look great on him.

One more pictures, this is just a funny one, he is checking out the camera.

20 comments:

  1. Jeans are cute, but not near as cute as your little Grandson. I bought my daughter the boy pack of those patterns but we haven't tried them yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I want to make the shirt next then the jacket. And those hats are just too cute.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous8:59 AM

    Wow, these look so professional and cute! I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, so much, his mom loves when I sew for him.

      Delete
  3. He is cute as a button! And if he is able to move that well in those jeans, you've done good:) The flannel on the inside of the knees is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela, he moves all the time. I wonder about using a think quilt batting and quilting lines in a crosshatch for the knees, too.

      Delete
  4. So cute!! Duncan's wearing his Tree Climbers today. :) Such a fun pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much, it is a great pattern and it doesn't take too long.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you, Joen, I just can't get enough of him.

      Delete
  6. You're very welcome! He certainly adds to the label's cuteness factor better than I ever could. :-) Great little jeans ... I thinkt the flannel at the knees is an inspired addition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie and I so appreciate the labels. Much better than all my flowers and pink ones! LOL. I hope the flannel helps his knees, he goes so quickly that his knees don't stay on the floor long.

      Delete
  7. Darling baby....and cute jeans, Nana!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This may be the cutest blog post ever! Awesome idea to pad the knees. The jeans look great and it's so much fun to see the little guy on the move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shar, they were so fun to make and he just makes my heart sing!

      Delete
  9. Very professional job and oh so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful job and he's a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your grandson is so adorable! The jeans look great. I'm going to have to take a look at that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These pants are so great and your grandson is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete