Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Focus

Last week and this week, I have had a bit of fashion sew focus problem.  Do you ever have that?

I made this shirt a couple of weeks ago and snapped a picture for Instagram

Which is from the Just Add Jeans collection at Pattern Anthology.  I will get good pictures of me wearing it next week.

After that, it was Easter week, many other things going on and we enjoyed the family so much that weekend.  The little guy had a good time hunting eggs.  All the girls,spouses and my parents  were here and the weather was gorgeous, it was just perfect


A couple of days ago, I started on another Archer shirt from this gingham.  I have been working on it a bit each night.  I love the hand of this fabric and just need to do the collar and cuffs.  The fabric is from Mood Fabrics, which I purchased with some Christmas money.  I think it will be perfect for the spring and summer.

Now the reason for my hard time focusing?  As I stated in an earlier post, I am flying out tomorrow morning to see Lynne of Wonderfully Made.  Whenever, I am heading on a trip, I just can't seem to get motivated to sew or start any project for that matter.  Good thing I don't travel very often, or I would never get anything done!

Lynne has our days planned with many fun activities and on Saturday we will be hanging out at their shop, Ellen J Goods.  She just texted and  asked what I eat for breakfast..... well, honestly, brown sugar pop-tarts!

I am packed, the alarm is set for very early and I am so excited (nervous, too, I don't fly very often at all).

Next week, after catching up. you will find me more focused and sewing away.  Tell me, do you have times when  focusing on sewing projects is hard?

11 comments:

  1. Have a safe trip and a wonderful time with Wonderfully made! Tell I said hi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you are coming to Buffalo? I didn't realize Ellen j goods was so close to me. Our snow is finally gone. Have fun visiting WNY. Eat some chicken wings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am in Buffalo right now! Landed about 45 minutes ago. ellen j goods is in Medina

      Delete
    2. if I didn't have to work, I would come to visit you and Lynn in Medina. ellenjgoods is now a definite on my shopping list. Her style looks wonderful. Have fun!

      Delete
  3. I'm green with envy, as I'm in desperate need of a girlfriend weekend! Honestly, I've had a hard time focusing for about four YEARS now due to family difficulties. I pray I'm seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Have a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fabulous trip and I can't wait to see shop pictures. Focus is a continual challenge for me but I like to think it's the "problem" of a full life. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute top and have a great time. Oh I most definitely have times wherein I can't focus on a sewing project... prime example my lace dress. . It took a month to finish. . I just couldn't focus, then got tired of seeingtit on the dress form and finished it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great trip. Sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am just the opposite as I get jazzed before a trip wanting to sew up lots of new things! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:39 PM

    Oh my gosh, I can so relate to having focus difficulties! I really struggle with that and am in the middle of it right now! I need to slow down, finish up the UFOs that are piling up, and then prioritize my ideas so I can use my time wisely! It's usually inspiration overload that has me feeling scattered. Is it the same for you? Have a wonderful time with Lynne, and may you have lots of focus and drive waiting for you when you get back!

    ReplyDelete