Monday, September 29, 2014

Math Teacher Bag

I have made this charm pack several times, which I saw somewhere online but knew I could make something similar.

Daughter #2, the secondary math teacher, needed a new bag to tote her books, papers and laptop to school.  When I saw Sweetwater's new line - Elementary I knew that was perfect for a secondary Math teacher.  Just take a look


I will get an official tutorial for this bag but it takes one charm pack and the outside is 5 squares in a row by 7 rows.  I was in a bit of a hurry to get daughter #2 her bag so this picture is blurry

The ties on the side help pull the bag in and give it structure.  I made these 3" wide by 18" long.



The lining and handle takes one yard of fabric,

For the inside, I use 6 squares for the pocket.  You can see it is folded in half on the second row to make the pocket.

This leaves only one block leftover from the 42 square charm pack.  I like when I  that happens!

A complete tutorial will happen sometime in October, I have another charm pack of this fabric and I have dd#4 going for a secondary math degree.

14 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous bag! And the fabric is absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love the fabric.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous6:46 AM

    Beautiful bag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute Lori!!! I love it, especially for a math teacher!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda, it is the perfect fabric.

      Delete
  4. Lovely bag. I'm looking forward to the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to get work on that in the next couple of weeks. and have plenty of photographs

      Delete
  5. I'm sure your daughter is going to love that bag! The color combinations are great for fall, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great for fall, she was happy I finally got one done for her!

      Delete
  6. Love the tote! the charm pack is perfect for a math teacher and I love the color combination too. Can't wait for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joen, I had been waiting for just the right fabric.

      Delete
  7. Anonymous4:16 PM

    Great bag! How perfect for a math teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this bag and what a great use of all the charm packs I am always
    having to purchase....can't wait for the tutorial...October is a long way off :/

    ReplyDelete