Tuesday, November 25, 2014

A Little Help from my Friends



Sewing friends are just the best! On this week of Thanksgiving, I want to say thanks to my sewing friends.  Those friends are ones in my local quilt club and those in the online sewing community.  Some of you from the online sewing community I have had the wonderful pleasure to meet while others are emails, comments on blogs or Instagram.  Also, I am thankful for sewing friends who are so giving of their knowledge, advice and time.  I have had the pleasure to get packages with fabric from a friend, buttons from another one and cording for a jacket from another online friend (to name a few).

My good friend, Meredith,  quilt store owner, shared some extra quilt blocks and fabric she had leftover from projects. She knows my how I like to make baby quilts for gifts.




Here is the first one using jelly roll strips
 (2-1/2" wide).  I love the bright colors and it is quick to make.  Meredith had some of the strips together, so it didn't take much time to make.



I picked the Baptist Fan pattern for the quilting, a nice design that doesn't take away from the fabric.





This one is a bit different for a baby quilt but the light greens, burgundy and yellows are so pretty together.  Meredith had many blocks completed and I just had to complete a few blocks.  


Another photo of the quilt draped over the baby bed, these shorter days are hard for picture taking.



This one is quilted with a small floral design.






Thanks to my very good friend, Meredith, I added two more baby quilts for gifts.  I am thankful for her friendship and her great quilt store.  There are many things I love about her store and I am so happy to have a shop in my town to purchase fabric, thread and sewing notions.


Another online sewing community blogger/store  would like to share this


  History of the Sewing Machine
History of Sewing Machine by Terrys Fabrics




Head over to her site to check out this information.  Thanks for sharing.


In closing, thank you sewing friends for so much.  It is an amazing community we have and I know my sewing has improved greatly because of this great sewing community.



4 comments:

  1. What a nice post! and love the baby quilt eye candy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for writing your blog and sharing your amazing projects and inspirations. Those are nice baby quilts for lucky persons. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilts!! I'm thankful my Mom shared her love of sewing with me! and thanks for sharing your projects I enjoy your blog. Wishing you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is truly a well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so engaged in this material that I couldn’t wait to read. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thanks.
    Find My Matches Online

    ReplyDelete